Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas on the lanai

 The weather has been so nice it's hard to believe this is December and Christmas is only 10 days from now.  I have been playing with some fresh greenery on my potting bench.  My husband made it for me with bits and pieces we collected and I just love how it turned out.  
 This time of year we have an abundance of red pepper berries along the fence row and I just love them in the planters and tucked here and there.  However did you know that ants love them too? That's not faux snow on the bench but cornstarch which I heard was non toxic and would kill them.  Well it hasn't worked yet.  
 I learned another lesson too.  Plastic lanterns and candles don't work well together not even for a very short time.  I kept smelling something and it melted the top around the bow.  I was just trying to burn the candle  down just enough to add a battery operated votive in the burned out place.  
 So I pulled it out and I put it here.
 I found this sweet vintage red bird picture at a garage sale and the girl almost gave it away to me.  Her mother-in-law had given it to her and she did not like it and it appeared she didn't like her mother-in-law either.   
 And keeping me great company is our dog Sunshine.   We get our daily dose of vitamin "D" around here.
She is the sweetest dog and we love her so much.

So for now I am going to take a hint from my dog and REST more.
Christmas wasn't meant to be this hectic!  

6 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I am loving your pops of red with all the white. Loving your porch for Christmas! So festive. Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Holidays!

carol@The Red Painted Cottage said...

I think I see another adorable pooch! I love how you have everything decorated the Christmas.

Lynda Brandly said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and your potting bench is beautiful! We lived in Alabama for 5 years after growing up in Colorado and it took me all 5 years to get used to the weather in the South. So glad you're able to enjoy this beautiful porch this late in the year. Have a Merry Christmas!
love and blessings~

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful! And what a sweet Fur Baby!!

Hugs,
Deb

Curtains in My Tree said...

It all looks so beautiful and festive too darn bad it is so warm
It is 68 degrees today here in central Missouri
unheard of for us at Christmas

Merry Christmas to you and that sweet dog

Bernideen said...

What a cute area and a darling pupper!